Saturday, August 16, 2008

Alaska Cruise


The date 7/25/08, my husband and I leave our home in PA and drive to Shearton Hotel at Newark Liberty Airport, NJ. We arrive around 8:30PM EDT. We leave the hotel at 6:00 AM to go to airport. We wait, and wait and wait..... Apparently we got to the airport to early. We meet our friends Gloria and Al at the gate....they didn't arrive to early. Board plane and go to Seattle Airport. Check into a Radisson Hotel around 11:00am PDT. Leave the hotel and take a Metro bus to downtown Seattle.......all sorts of mayheim and madness ensues by this time.

"You have to go to the Market" "Oh the Market is so much fun" "Make sure you see them throwing fish" (trust me I wanted to throw more than fish by the time this "adventure" was over). I told my husband and friends I just need a little something to eat to hold me over (I get very cranky when I am hungry). Also, because they all know I have MS I cannot sprint down 4 blocks to anywhere, so why were they sprinting ??

We get to the market and there must have been a million people there !! I kid you not !! A million !!! (OK I'm exaggerating). But there were a lot of people there. No place to sit, my head almost exploded trying to see if I could find something to eat. Anyway, by now we are all mad at each other, or should I say they were mad at me. I see a restaurant upstairs, we climb the steps....and it is a Bolivian restaurant (sorry, don't eat Bolivian). So down we go and I spot an alley with a pizza sign. I bolt in there...they follow, we get food (not very good food), finish our tour of the Market in 5 minutes and take the Metro bus back to the hotel saying that we HATE Seattle !!!

As you will see our opinion changed after the cruise.

No comments: