Monday, August 25, 2008

Ketchikan here we come !!




8/1 We arrived in Ketchikan at 6:00 AM and had only until 1:00 PM to check this place out. We book the Lumberjack show and to be honest I thought it was going to be hokey. Boy, was I wrong !! It was so much fun.

But first we walked around town doing some shopping and checking out Totem Poles, which Ketchikan is noted for. It was a cool town with nice little shops.

Then onto the hunky lumberjacks. OK ladies, I am not a young woman, but man were they cute !! Hey, I may be old but I can still look.....LOL The things they do are hard !! The put on such a fun show for us. We laughed and were amazed. The divided the audience into USA and Canada (we were Canada) and we rooted for our teams. The audience really got into all this and added to the fun. My friend Gloria jumped into a picture I was trying to get of the guys. Doesn't she look happy ??

Back to the ship for Victoria, BC the next evening.

No comments: